ChinaShop's policy on greenhouse gases.
ChinaShop, as an organisation and a group of individuals, believes it is incumbant upon us to work towards a significant reduction in the level of greenhouse gases entering our atmosphere. ChinaShop is a carbon neutral company and is continually working to reduce its overall carbon footprint. ChinaShop has committed to remaining carbon neutral by:
- Conducting annual audits of our greenhouse gas emissions, which will be carried out by fully-certified, independent experts;
- Offsetting our total carbon footprint through the annual purchase of carbon credits; and
- Only purchasing carbon offsets from projects which attain accreditation from recognised programs or from international projects that meet the Gold Standard.
ChinaShop has committed to reducing its carbon footprint by:
- Assisting staff to reduce their carbon footprint away from work, through the provision of information and, when possible, via the centralised purchasing of carbon-friendly items;
- Using a company's carbon status as a factor when we choose business suppliers; and
- Encouraging awareness of, and action on, greenhouse gas emissions across all facets of our business, including clients, suppliers, associations and industry bodies.